First World War Memorial
27th February 2014
This reserve was the site of the Bulleen Shire Hall from July 1875 until 1910, when it became the Shire Pound. In 1971, the Council of the City of Doncaster and Templestowe renamed the reserve to 'Services Memorial Park' to honour members of local service organisations who have contributed to the quality of life of the city.
In 1990, the First World War Memorial was relocated from its original site at Anderson Street to this reserve with the financial assistance from Council, the Rotary Club of Templestowe and the Templestowe Returned Services League. The official ceremony of dedication was conducted by His worship, the Mayor of Doncaster & Templestowe, Cr Trevor Waring JP on the 75th anniversary of ANZAC Day, 25th April, 1990.